::::::: SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy :::::::

.............. ... ... ... ...

Some Words from Master Changs Pupils
SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy Family

Master Henrik S. Hunstad

The SANGROK gym has become like a second home for me. I'm very privileged to have experienced the training and the spirit of SANGROK. The way Master Chang has taught me, has given me an opportunity to learn high quality Taekwondo. SANGROK represent not only taekwondo to me, but also the best part of Korean culture. I feel honored to call Master Chang my master and friend. Anyone that wants to experience Korean culture at it's best and wishes to train the best Taekwondo, should visit the SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy. The way of Master Chang's taekwondo teaching is a blend of traditional taekwondo and Olympic taekwondo. If you are a beginner, an instructor, competitioner etc, SANGROK gym and Master Chang has something to teach everyone.

Sincerely,

Master Henrik S. Hunstad,
International Master Instructor, 5th dan
Director of SANGROK Norway.

- If you'd like to read more from students who have trained at SANGROK,
please click on the messages below -

Master Chang(2007-11-14 17:09:23, Hit : 6194, Vote : 894
 http://www.sangrokgym.com
 Michelle11[1].5_012.jpga.jpg (198.2 KB), Download : 77
 Michelle11[1].5_030.jpg (321.3 KB), Download : 76
 The World Taekwondo Hanmadang 2007

Dear Sangrok family:

This year the Hanmadang was another success. Many more international players participated this year and therefore this year was the largest Hanmadang ever. It took place in the city of Suwon. The people of Suwon were very kind and were also excited that players from around the world were coming to their city. We were given a guide (Amanda's Guide, haha) who looked after us and guided us around the city.

This year the Sangrok team consisted of players from England, Australia, India and Norway. We all did our best. Adam (England) got 3rd place in 'knife hand breaking' and is still the International Champion of the world. Once again he was the only non Korea to make it through to the final (2nd year in a row!!).

The amount of Korean teams compared to non Korean teams is higher because the Taekwondo Hanmadang is held in Korea. Koreans do not have to travel far where as other countries have to travel from all around the world to attend, so Korea has a greater opportunity to do better and it also more difficult to compete against them. Master Henrik and team from Norway, Suresh and team from India and Michelle from Australia did their best against them but were not as successful as Adam. They were very close though.

In my opinion, every year all events except the poomsae improves. The poomsae they do now, of course is Taekwondo- very strong and fast and good timing to stop, but with all that, they forget what is the 'smooth' and they are all kind of like a stick or a robot. They don't flow, or use their body and their arms in combination to perform each movement correctly and with the most power. So, because of the Hanmadang, so many Taekwondo people will watch this type of poomsae and then all of them may think that this is the right way to do poomsae. But it is not the right way to practice martial arts. I am quite sad that this is happening, no one is realising what Taekwondo will develop into in the future, if this continues it is heading for darkness. One thing I can say is, that in poomsae, players need to be relaxed, flexible and strong. All of these things are needed in good combination to perform poomsae correctly. The main thing I want to say is, someone who teaches that kind of Taekwondo is not good, many of them are beginning to do the same way, so then the rest of the world will see and copy that way. I am worried that maybe Sangrok students who continue the Sangrok way, will be then judged that they are doing the wrong way.

Anyway, for any students who wish to participate in the next Hanmadang it will be definitely a good experience!

Regards
Master Chang

Appreciation
[re] Return To SangRok Gym November 19, 2007

Copyright 1999-2024 Zeroboard / skin by zero

SANGROK WORLD TAEKWONDO ACADEMY
3rd Floor, Sejeong Building, 45-4 Sinwol 3-dong, Yangcheon-guSeoul, Korea
Tel: +82 2 2695 7924 Fax: +82 2 2693 8924

e-mail : SANGROK@gmail.com webmaster : syongjin@empal.com