::::::: SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy :::::::

.............. ... ... ... ...

Some Words from Master Changs Pupils
SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy Family

Master Henrik S. Hunstad

The SANGROK gym has become like a second home for me. I'm very privileged to have experienced the training and the spirit of SANGROK. The way Master Chang has taught me, has given me an opportunity to learn high quality Taekwondo. SANGROK represent not only taekwondo to me, but also the best part of Korean culture. I feel honored to call Master Chang my master and friend. Anyone that wants to experience Korean culture at it's best and wishes to train the best Taekwondo, should visit the SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy. The way of Master Chang's taekwondo teaching is a blend of traditional taekwondo and Olympic taekwondo. If you are a beginner, an instructor, competitioner etc, SANGROK gym and Master Chang has something to teach everyone.

Sincerely,

Master Henrik S. Hunstad,
International Master Instructor, 5th dan
Director of SANGROK Norway.

- If you'd like to read more from students who have trained at SANGROK,
please click on the messages below -

Ajay Bhavekar(2007-05-27 07:56:54, Hit : 10570, Vote : 1129
 michelle5[1].24_024a.jpg (70.0 KB), Download : 101
 Picture_090.jpg (60.2 KB), Download : 106
 MASTER CHANG YOU ARE GREAT

Respected sir,
                       I take this opportunity to introduce myself as Ajay Bhavekar. I come from Pune city which is in the state of Maharashtra in India.
        I am associated with taekwondo since 1984 and have my own institute by the name of Sangrok Taekwondo Institute. I coach students of different institutions. I have a great bunch of enthusiastic kids who have and further want to excel in taekwondo.
        On seeing the potential of my students I conducted a selection to bring out the best of my students for a taekwondo study tour to the land of the Morning Calm. I was amazed to see ten of my students comprising of boys and girls from 9 yrs of age and above take this opportunity .
        On receiving confirmation from my students and their parents on 30th april 2007 I along with ten of my students left for seoul to train under my Grand Master Chang Seong Dong, 8th Dan Black Belt, Director of Sang Rok World Taekwondo Academy.
         On reaching Incheon International Airport we were amazed to see the discipline, cleanliness, the broad roads, the fast cars which we may never be able to see in India. We were more eager to reach the gym, and so we took two taxis, while in the taxi we noticed how disciplined the taxi drivers were driving with white gloves, maintaining the speed limits lane discipline and words of respect. In an hour we were at Sang Rok World Taekwondo Academy only to be greeted with open arms by Master Chang, it was a moment of Joy for all of us. .
         My first experience was that my students were very thrilled to see their grand master for the first time not nowing that the days ahead to come is going to be tough with regards to training from Monday to Friday early evenings and late  evenings we use to train and my students had never seen anything like this before, its was tough with no excuses, keeping in mind that a High Ranking Master is watching us at all times.
          It took a week for my students to settle down but at the same time it was fun. After the late evening training we use to form teams and play Indoor soccer with 3 to 4 players on each side and the match would last for an hour. Master Chang is and will always be a great football player as his skills are tremendous, playing along with him made us feel very homely. One thing I would like to admit he never likes to loose. Football and Taekwondo go along and so we never quit playing football.
         On weekends thats on Saturday and Sundays I used to take my students for sight seeing, we visited many exciting places of interest, market, malls, taekwondo stores. The Palace, travelling by subway was an exciting experience.
          The gym was full with kids running around jumping, playing, dancing, watching TV, using the internet and so much fun so that they learnt to be more independent by way of washing clothes, their own dishes, keeping things in its proper place etc.
            The gym that was new at first was now one big family, Master Chang never grumbled at my students for misbehaving he is a wonderful person, loving and caring. The students also met with Master Chang's daughter Yuvaha also a high training taekwondoist, she was friendly and kind. At the gym we made friends with a team from Delhi, Master Rajeshwar and his student Kavin, we met a young beautiful girl Michelle from Australia, and she use to teach us Korean language, she was a great independent girl as she use to cook and speak korean as she has been staying at the gym for the past six months. Adam from England has been at the gym for the over three months is a huge guy but had great skills in taekwondo. I was fortunate to meet one of my great friends from Pune, Richard Fernandes, he was appearing for his 5th Dan and so my students were all the more happy to see another master from Pune.
              I would like to thank Master Chang who is known as the Father of Indian Taekwondo and has won several awards and has trained and imparts  training to the best till date, as his is one of the major foreign gymnasiums catering to foreigners.
              My students and I will never forget the love and hospitality shown to us, we have improved in so many things and will take back memories. The most crucial day during our one months stay was Thursday 23rd May the day my students appeared for their respective Black Belt exam, I was tensed and my students too, but everything went on well and the students performed very well and after they were being lectured by Master Chang on their perfomance and the finer Points of Taekwondo they were relieved of the tension and their faces were filled with happiness and joy and Immediatelly posed for photographs with their mentor, guide which was almost neverending.
              The training, the amount of footwork only stengthened our legs further, that would act as a long range weapon. We made new friends and shared our experiences. I thank my parents for their moral support and the faith and trust they had in me which I will always cherish.
          Lastly I would like to thank all my friends present at the gym for supporting me and my students from day one and will remember them always.

With warm regards
AJAY BHAVEKAR, PUNE.

knowledge in traditional Indian Arts
France this year for Taekwondo Seminars, from June 4-11th [1]

Copyright 1999-2024 Zeroboard / skin by zero

SANGROK WORLD TAEKWONDO ACADEMY
3rd Floor, Sejeong Building, 45-4 Sinwol 3-dong, Yangcheon-guSeoul, Korea
Tel: +82 2 2695 7924 Fax: +82 2 2693 8924

e-mail : SANGROK@gmail.com webmaster : syongjin@empal.com